Friday, May 9, 2008

EVP Recordings, May 8, 2008: Another male voice caught


Clip #1, 1:22 am, 0m 13s
This is a really loud, aggressive knock. I hate these types of events simply because if I were awake it would probably make me jump. These types of events have woken me in the past, and I come slightly out of my slumber with the thought of, "What was that?" on my mind.


Clip #2, 2:36 am, 0m 16s
The second night in a row a male voice has been caught. This one is more disturbing than the first.

At the beginning of the clip you hear some rapid tapping. I didn't even hear this in my ear buds when I was going through the raw material.

Then at :06 you hear a really strange male voice that says something completely unintelligible. It almost sounds like the mouth is full of water or something similar.

Then three seconds later at :09 you hear a female voice emit a wordless sound of what could be disapproval.

All in all, a very strange clip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At this time, i will not go into most of the clips posted up to here, because there are a lot of noises, that cannot be discerned clearly and could be a lot of things.

This clip here (and the ones with voices the day before this) makes me wonder, if you ever thought about that you and your family will almost certainly produce a lot of sounds yourselves during sleep. A sleeping human is turning and moving a lot during the night, so if you keep the recorder close by at nights, you are bound to record a lot of what you produce yourself. Arent' there a lot of shuffling sounds (the moving of blankets) on the recordings?

In these recordings here, it sounds to me, like the best explanation for the male voice is, that you utter something indiscernible yourself while you sleep. Especially the clip, where the female voice "answers", reminds me of the behaviour of sleeping people. I have experienced more than once, that when you approach a sleeping person and you make a sound close by, they will react to that many times without waking up, by turning around for example or by moaning slightly (sometimes both).

This seems to be the most likely explanation for that clip. Any other thougts on that?

Ed Mittelstedt said...

You have a valid point. This could very well be me making some weird noise in my sleep, and Holly subconciously replying to it.

I don't recognize the voices, but they could very well be myself and Holly.