Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tampering with the alarm clock volume

My alarm goes off on weekdays at 5am sharp. I don't use that annoying beeping sound. I tune the radio to one end of the dial, where all the white noise lives, and turn up the volume. So when the alarm goes off, its loud white noise.

Like everyone I'm sure, either I or Holly reaches over to hit the snooze button a few times.

For some reason today I was overly tired. I usually wake up only a few times after the snooze button is hit. This morning I let it go a few times more.

I woke up at some point later, and the volume of the white noise was turned down. I thought that Holly must have turned it down instead of hitting the snooze button. I reached over, turned the volume back up, and hit the snooze button. I got up a few minutes later, started my morning and forgot about it.

Today in the car while running some errands, Holly told me some extra info. This morning, at 5:09, the alarm went off for the second time. Holly reached over to hit the snooze button and as she was reaching for it, the volume of the white noise went down. She snatched her hand away from the alarm clock for a second, then reached over and hit the snooze button, rolled over and went back to sleep.

My corroboration of this event is the fact that I had to reach over Holly and physically turn the volume knob back up. So there was nothing wrong with the radio. Someone actually turned the volume knob of the radio down as Holly was reaching for it.

No comments: