Thursday, December 18, 2008

Quiet during Christmas season

I noticed something this morning as I was waking up for work. The house has been quiet, very quiet since Thanksgiving. There are no knocks on the walls, no mysterious bangs, no weird compression noises from the shower stall in my bathroom at night, no voices. It's been blessedly quiet.

As I've stated before, the main culprit of the cause of these noises is a little girl. She's been heard and seen by just about pretty much every one of us who live in this house. I've also been told by several people who live in the area that a girl who died in a barn fire back in the 19th century. This house is only a few hundred yards down the road towards town. I don't think it's a big stretch to assume that the girl that visits this house is the girl that was killed in the fire.

So my theory is this: what if the reason things are so quiet is because the girl has returned to the house she died in for the holidays. What if Christmas is such a significant event for her, that she feels compelled to return there for this period of time?

No comments: