Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Holly tells me of an encounter

Late last year I built Holly a large 2-person swing. It's playground height, so you can get some serious air on it. Sometimes Holly and I sit on the swing and share a beer. We pour it in wine glasses because I think you get more bouquet from the beer that way than drinking it from a long neck bottle.

Anyway, tonight's selection was Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. Yum. The smell of cherries is almost overwhelming from this brew, and it is indeed delicious.

So we were sitting there, relaxing on the swing, and I was taking sips of my delicious ale, and Holly said, "Something happened last week that I've been putting off telling you."

Great.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I walked into the downstairs bathroom and flicked the light on. A female voice yelled 'Hey!' like I interrupted her. She didn't sound happy."

Ok, so my wife interrupted a ghost while it was relieving itself? Do ghosts think they still go to the bathroom?

"What did you do?" I asked Holly.

"I calmly told the voice that this was my bathroom and I'll use it whenever I want."

Good for you Holly. Good for you.

And while I made the tone of this post light, there was a reason why she waited over a week to tell me what happened. It really spooked her.

No comments: