Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I record the girl ghost humming

Back in January (I know, I'm behind with this stuff) I switched over to using my Sansa e280 as my primary recording device. The day I decided to use this we were running into town in the evening. I wanted to record the house while we were gone just for shits and grins to see if I could capture anything.

Note that there was no one home at the time.

I was a bit surprised at the results. In two different occasions, 9 minutes apart, I captured the girl's voice humming some tuneless song.



Clip #1, 7:06 pm, 0'13''
Noise Reduction: 10db
0:03: A girl humming

Clip #2, 7:14 pm, 0'10''
Noise Reduction: 10db
0:03: A girl humming

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't believe in ghosts until last night. This week I have been woken twice in my old 1800's house by a man humming. When I wake i can feel the inside of my ear moving to listen to it. I sat up at 5am this morning and listened for 10 minutes to the humming and some banging. The pattern of the humming and the pitch kept changing and occasionally it gets quite loud. I still don't know if I completely believe but I definitely can not find an explanation for it. I thought about recording myself but I wasn't sure whether technology would pick it up! I am keen for it to happen again.

There is just one thing on my mind... why am I only hearing him now when I have lived in this house for over a year?

Ed Mittelstedt said...

Something made him active. Are you doing any remodeling?

This could also be "residual" energy, which is explained as like a cassette tape playing over and over.