Wednesday, March 31, 2010

EVP Session: The Farmer's Walk

This is the the second EVP session I have conducted in an area outside my house I have called "The Farmer's Walk".

This session was performed at 9:30 March 18th (contrary to what I state in the session).

There is a loud whine the first 10 seconds of the recording. I will try to remember to let the recorder go for 10 seconds before beginning so I can cut this out next time.

I think I did a better job this time asking questions. When the session starts, I accidentally fall back to my old ways with an unfriendly tone, then quickly recover by starting over and stating my name with a friendlier tone. I still ask questions too brusquely - it's hard not to be self-conscious basically talking to yourself.

I also need to stand still after I ask a question. The rustling of my movement is obscuring any possible answer I could be picking up.


3:06 something taps the recorder. It wasn't me. I was holding it in one hand, and keeping a tight grip on it.

3:35 In response to my question "What did you do for a living?" there is something imprinted on the recording. I tried reducing the background noise in audacity, but it's intelligible. I also tried reversing the audio, but that turned up nothing I could understand either.

4:08 the recorder is tapped again, harder this time.

5:03 noise from the recording software

5:21 noise from the recording software

2 comments:

Kat said...

You might want to note that there is some weird electrical noises during 5:03 through 5:18 after you asked about children, and again at 5:21 when you asked about mom.

didn't sound like anything... just a weird... buzzing.

Ed Mittelstedt said...

Damn, I'm so used to that noise I forgot to mention it. This is a side effect of the software I use on my recorder. Thank you for bringing that up!