Friday, August 22, 2008

Yeah it's been a while

I took a break from a lot of things over the past few months because of some tragedies that have happened in my families lives over the past year. I've been having a hard time coping with things, and added stress had just made me shut down even more, so it was time to start simplifying my life. I took a break from most everything computer-related and have slowly been pruning dead branches off the tree that is my life. This blog, thankfully will make the cut.

I also took a break from the blog because I felt like I was getting to wrapped up in this ghost thing, I felt like I was getting too obsessed with going over the recordings, and too obsessed with the bumps-in-the-night.

My mom came to visit over father's day weekend, and I had a group of gamers come over my house that same weekend. And for whatever reason, the combination of those two things seemed to have calmed the house down at that point. The house felt quieter, and this continued for several months, with no noticeable activity.

One interesting thing that has happened in my hiatus is that Candace, a friend of the family, contacted a TV show that focuses on paranormal subjects. A producer of this show called me, interviewed me, asking questions about the house and the things that were going on in it. This producer asked me to not reveal the show on this blog, and of course I am complying. After the interview, the producer said he would be in touch, but I've not heard from him in several months. I'm not sure if this opportunity will pan out, or even if Holly and I are even sure we want a team of people in here, especially to make an episode of a TV show. We don't want them pissing off anything that is in here, leaving us to deal with it after they leave, capiche?

Since the weather turned warmer, I've been keeping a large an at the bottom of the stairs running. This blows the cooler air from downstairs up to the bedrooms so I don't have to turn the AC way down low. I really need to get ceiling fans installed in all the bedrooms, but this will do until then. Anyway, the fan creates so much noise, there's really no point in recording. So I haven't done any in a few months. I am going to be hating life with the weather starts to cool again and I turn the fan off. The silence will make every single bump-in-the-night seem twice as loud!

Just recently, some bits of activity has started up again. I've not been taking notes, but I'll just list the things that I can remember off the top of my head.

I've recently moved my computer desk out of our bedroom and moved it to the unfinished basement. It's more quiet down there, and I'm hoping it will inspire me to finish it. Because of this I'm going in and out of the basement door on the main floor more often, and leaving it open a lot.

So I was taking a break one day last week, and was upstairs with the girls watching Sponge Bob in Sophie's room. I heard the door to the base shut softly. I went downstairs, and Jack our dog was nearby, but after some debunking attempts, he would have really had to push that door shut hard to make it close completely. Just pushing it softly was not enough to close it, and him brushing past the door to get by was not enough to shut it. Strange.

Holly and I were downstairs in my newly-created temporary basement office just talking and we were interrupted by a Sleepy Time Ernie toy that was packed somewhere in the basement in a bag.

"I feel GREAT!" said Ernie.

Now that Ernie, by all accounts, should not have said anything at all. It should be dead. It's had the same original batteries that came with it, and it's been sitting down here in this basement in a bag for the last four years. Why all of a sudden would he just shout this out, I have no clue.

We have a long history of weird things happening with this Ernie doll, and I'll probably expound on that in a future post.

No comments: