Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I almost got some recordings up

Last night I attempted to hook my IC recorder up to my computer and transfer some of the 30+ samples I have from my night recordings over the past year to the blog.

However, I just recently moved my computer to the Ubuntu OS, and for some reason Audacity is not picking up the recording from the input line very well anymore. After some research, some say to plug the wire from the recorder to the Line In jack in the back of the computer and see if that's any better. Hopefully I'll have something up soon!

2 comments:

Matt23 said...

Hey man, I found your blog on google. I came across it from searching for "thuds in my house".

Last week I found a picture of what looks like a smeared handprints across my lanai. Its white stuff, sorta looks like paint. It has never been there before, it showed up after a night of loud thuds.

That was a week ago, now for 3 consecutive nights I hear nothing but loud thuds happening every 15 seconds consecutively. The first night it was faint, but I could still hear it. It started on the opposite side of my house from where my bedroom is. It has not gotten louder and seems to be getting closer; it's just getting worse.

I stayed up all night tonight scared to go to bed because all I could hear were thuds. I asked my parent's if they could hear anything and they said they did, but they thought it was me. I told them it wasn't and I have been hearing these thuds and seeing these strange occurrences for about a week now.

The thuds actually sound like someone banging their head against the wall.

Just thought I would let you know I'm looking forward to your recordings, I wish I could record mine but I simply don't have the cash to get the equipment.

Ed Mittelstedt said...

I feel your pain. I went through a period last year where I *hated* when it got dark, because that meant I would have to go to bed and listen to someone walking around my room.

The thuds you hear still go on in my house. Take comfort that the noises will eventually move to the background of your attention. But if other things start to happen let me know!