Saturday, September 6, 2008

A female voice from upstairs

This just happened 15 minutes ago. Tropical Storm Hanna is rolling through Maryland now, so we are getting dumped on with rain. Holly and I were just drinking coffee on the porch, watching the rain come down, and the two youngest ones were down at the bottom of the hill, playing in the rain and in the puddles.

I stepped inside to check on something, and I heard a female voice saying something upstairs. At first I thought it was someone in the house - with 5 females in the house, there is always someone talking or making noise. But then I realized, I was the only one in the house!

I stopped in my tracks and listened to the voice, which only went on for a second or two longer, trying to understand what it was saying. But it was very muffled, and it was sing-songy, like it was singing a few lines to a song, or saying something soothing to someone else.

And then it was done. I went upstairs to see if any television sets were left on, but it was very quiet up there.

No comments: